Carbon Dioxide Removal
Large-scale Carbon Dioxide Removal (CDR), also known as negative emissions, or carbon drawdown, aims to address the primary human source of climate change by removing carbon dioxide permanently from the atmosphere to be stored underground or under the ocean floor. If deployed at a planetary scale, CDR could help prevent ocean acidification and slow the rate of global warming. CDR is not a substitute for rapidly reducing greenhouse gas emissions, which is essential under any scenario.
- 23 August 2021 Policy Brief: Direct Air Carbon Dioxide Capture & Storage (DACCS)
- 23 August 2021 Evidence Brief: Direct Air Carbon Dioxide Capture & Storage (DACCS)
- 2 Mar 2021 Evidence Brief: Carbon Dioxide Removal and its Governance
- 11 Feb 2021 Governing large-scale carbon dioxide removal: are we ready? – an update (full report)
- 11 Feb 2021 Governing large-scale carbon dioxide removal: are we ready? – an update (Executive Summary) (中文) (Français) (Español)
- 24 Nov 2020 Potential implications of carbon dioxide removal for the sustainable development goals
- 28 Jul 2020 Discussion paper: Options for supporting Carbon Dioxide Removal
- 21 Nov 2019 Policy Brief: Governing Large-scale Carbon Dioxide Removal (中文) (Français) (Español)
- 24 Sep 2019 Evidence Brief: Governing Nature-Based Solutions to Carbon Dioxide Removal
- 9 Aug 2019 Evidence Brief: Governing Marine Carbon Dioxide Removal and Solar Radiation Modification
- 5 Aug 2019 Policy Brief: Governing Marine Carbon Dioxide Removal (中文) (Français) (Español)
- 25 May 2018 Carbon Removal and Solar Geoengineering: Potential implications for delivery of the Sustainable Development Goals
Guest post by Kate Dooley, Ellycia Harrould-Kolieb, and Anita Talberg
Guest post by Annelise Straw & Wil Burns
Guest post by Holly Buck
C2GLearn Campfire ChatLarge-scale Carbon Dioxide Removal and the Sustainable Development GoalsThis Campfire Chat aimed to provide insights into diverse viewpoints on Large-scale Carbon Dioxide Removal and the Sustainable Development Goals in a relatively informal,...
C2GLearn Webinar IntroductionGovernance of Nature-Based Approaches to large-scale Carbon Dioxide RemovalThis webinar features three ten-minute expert overviews on the governance of nature-based approaches to large-scale Carbon Dioxide Removal. These were followed by...
C2GLearn WebinarGovernance of Nature-Based Approaches to Carbon Dioxide Removal – Holly BuckIn this presentation, Holly Buck (University at Buffalo) discusses the governance of nature-based approaches to carbon dioxide removal. This is one of the expert overviews...
In the interest of promoting global discussion about the need for governance of large-scale Carbon Dioxide Removal, C2G developed a set of icons representing these approaches, available to all to use freely.
The icons are available in png and svg file formats.